Saturday, September 19, 2009

Assignment #3

Hey Class,

Hope you're having a good weekend. On Friday we discussed our personal and school goals. This weekend I want you to talk to your parents and guardians and ask them:

1. What are your goals in life?
2. What goals did you have as a teenager?
3. What are some suggestions you can give me for achieving my goals?

People at all ages have dreams and goals for themselves. That is what keeps us moving on and striving for more. Thank you for sharing with us the goals and dreams of your parents!

See you Monday.
Ms. Valit

20 comments:

  1. Alright so i asked my mom the 3 questions posted as h.w and she said-
    1-My goals for my job is that although I am not a teacher and I am a paraproffesional i would like to teach the kindergardeners to have a passion for learning and give them a strong foundation for their future. My personal goal in church is that i want to get involved in the dance ministries the way i used to back in the days (lol shes funny)
    With my daughter my goal is to have a strong and honest relationship. Oh and with my grandchildren and would love to be a person they know, love and look up too.
    2-As a teenager i wanted to finish high school and go to college. And i always wanted my future to be held in a safe environment.
    3-I would definitely suggest to put God first in everything you do, always be an extraordinary person that there is always the extra you need to do, to have a better selfesteem and know that you have a lot of gifts that i see but that you dont seem to believe. You need to live with honesty and integrity in whatever you do. And last but not least, to put your education first because without that you will NOT have a future.
    The end , lol thats my mom for you !
    Carmen Garcia Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good question :]

    1. My parents goals in life were for their kids (my brother and I) to have a good simple easy lifestyle and a successful job with a decent amount of income, and also to enjoy our lives as much as possible and have easy jobs that we would enjoy.

    2. My mom's goal as a teenager was to have a successful career in Business, since unfortunately it hasn't worked out for her I'm following in her foot steps.

    3. My parent's advice is to go to school, and college, work hard and earn our dipolmas and degrees.

    Sandy Bhagwant, Pd. 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. My dad's main goal in life is to obtain a succesful career to be able to support his family in modest means. This allows him to strive for a career that allows him to travel and to have better things in life. But he must make sure he has finanicial goals that include benefit coverage for his family. Plus planning for college, vacations and retirement.

    2. As a teenager, my dad wanted to have a job to purchase anything that he wanted. He knew since high school that he wanted a business, marketing, or travel industry related career. In high school he had the opportunity of being part of the co-op program. This allowed him to work one week and study the other week with double classes. The career path was that of a mail clerk working in the stock exchange. This is where he realized the importance of the adult world especially in the financial world. This led him to choose the same type of program in college to learn more about the field he would study, which eventually led into his new career path.

    3. My dad's suggestion for achieving my goals is to study hard, never give up and continue and understand the career that I would be choosing. But most of all, get the feel of various job related skills. This will allow me to actually save money from now and for the future. Whatever career path I choose, I must really want to have and be content with it. Always remember there will be constant changes and many dissatisfaction levels. Every job role will be challenging but very beneficial. It allows me to understand what type of employment I will seek or give up. Once I've experienced the ladder of success, I can see how far I've come.

    -Chandra Pagan, Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Valit, My mom doesn't speak English so I'm going to translate what she tells me.

    1._ My goal in life is to learn how to actually speak English, in this world English is a main thing to getting a good job and thats exactly what i want. I'm getting old and the money will serve me for my retirement and i want to make sure that i'm assured even if i have you. Mostly, my goal in life is to try to be the best mother i can, and overall, i want to make sure that your life is assured, and that you earn and obtain everything and anything you want.

    2._ When i was young, i wanted badly to have a college degree, i wanted to have a stable Marriage, and happily i have obtained that. I wanted to help my parents and siblings economically because we didn't have much money in those times. Not only that but i wanted to help other people in need, i wanted to take the low economical life i had to motivate me to help people. Mostly, i wanted to be a doctor to help out those that were sick, no matter what their economical status was, i wanted to help.

    3._ my suggestions are for you to study a lot and try to achieve all your goals. Study what you want, and don't let others influence you or change the good path your stepping on. take everything thats good and throw all thats negative. Don't ever forget your nationality and your language, because a bilingual person counts the double. If you happen to get a career, don't forget to help out those who need your help, either economically or morally. And don't worry, me and your dad wont leave you alone in this strive to succeed. We'll be by your side, supporting you and giving you all we can and all you need.

    Brandon Vivas, 2nd period

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh by the way, i wrote it in my moms perspective, i forgot to put quotes though, Brandon Vivas, period 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I interviewed my mother and these were her responses:

    1) the goals in my life are to live in hapiness, and have the acheivement that I was able to help my daughter succeed in life, giving her love, and support, so that she can be someone important in this life. I want her to be able to reach the things that I wasn't able to achieve, because I want the best of the best for her. another goal I have is to buy a house, and I would also like to set up a resturant because I love cooking, and I love pastry as well.

    2) when I was a teenager, I wanted to become a doctor. I wanted to have a boyfriend, I wanted to be the best in mathematics, I also wanted to gain weight because I was extremely skinny. one of my biggest goals was to have a job so badly, I was tired of wearing the dresses my mother made for me.

    3) firstival, put everything in God's hands, and fear him always. let him be the center of you're heart, and make all decisions according to him. I also suggest that you study you're brains out, be really educated and respectful at all times as well. be optimistic at all times, and don't let others convince you into doing things you don't want to. be strong, because not everything in life is going to go well, but at the end it'll be worth it. don't join yourself into groups with ignorant people who don't know what they are doing, and instead try to help them. contain good relationships with every person, because you'll never know when you guys will ever need of eachother. don't bump heads with aggresive and possesive people, because that bothers and ruin's the spirit. don't compare yourself to others, because there will always be someone bigger and smaller than you, and you all have you're own story. enjoy your sucess and your plans. mantain interest in your own career, whatever it is, no matter what it is, its a treasure in these times that are so hard. be cautious, because this world is full of bad people. be sincere with yourself, and especially don't fake affection and be true to the love of your life.

    Andrea Moreno, Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. when i asked my mom what her goals are in life she said
    1:to raise her three kids and not turn to anybody for help.When i lost my dad she said being a single mom is hard but she needs to do this on her own to make her kids ready for the real world.She wants us to be able to stand on our own to feet.As my mom was growing up she lived in Bosnia and was very poor sometimes she didn't even have food to eat for two days.She was very skinny and she promised herself that she would make sure all her kids had a better life than that and had a shelter.My mom all her life wanted to get of of Bosnia have a family and be an independent woman which now she is.

    2:When my mom was a teenager she always wanted to be a teacher. That was her life long dream but she didn't have any money for collage. She had perfect scores but at the time they weren't giving scolarships out.She is still devestated that she couldn't accomplish her goals that she had when she was just about my age. She says it makes her happy that I have all the chances that she didn't have.When she was a teen she was also desperate of a boyfriend because it seemed normal at that age but she realized that god will help you decide when you find the right guy and at what age.

    3:My mom said i can accomplish my goals by being good in school,and taking every chance I get.Like her I want to be a teacher and she said she would be very proud of me if that happened because she would see how I would turn out with the oppurtunity she never had. My mom just thinks if your happy everything else is easy to accomplish

    -Melina Milanovic,period 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. My mother's goals include travelling more, losing her weight, and going back to school.

    2. When my mom was younger she wasnted to have four children two boys and two girls ( and we can all see how that worked out, considering she only had me!). My mom also wanted to get more involved in sports, and again even as a child she always wanted to travel. My mother also wanted to be a nurse, and my mother knowing the kind of she- woman she is, loved adventure! She dreamed of as a kid of going rock climbing, camping, horse back riding, and yeah you guys get the point.
    3. Finishing my education is a big thing for my mom. She believes that is key to help me pursue and accomplish all my goals. Then she suggests that I sit down and figure out what I want to do, I MUST TRAVEL, amd INVEST WISELY. You must continue to believe in God, in all the things that you do. Enjoy life, but be careful not to jump off a cliff or something of the sort. Know what you want and then go after it. She also insists that I take time to love myself, before I desire to love someone else. And being true to myself, follow my heart because that is where God is. Be honest in what you do in life, have respect for others, have a home for yourself. And to be self- reliant, so that I won't have to depend on a guy to support me. So here it my mothers guidelines and suggestion that she believes will propel forward. But the most touching thing of all is love, the love of my parents, the love of my family, the love of my friends, and most importantly the love of God, and each other are all the things that we need to help us accomplish all of our goals.

    Najwa Stanford, period 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. My mom said that her goal is to make sure she fulfils her parental duties and that she makes sure her kids are getting what they deserve and need. She said that her recent goals are to pray a lot, she said she wants to pray at least 2 hours a day.
    2. She said that her goals when she was my age was to be a good daughter to her mother and to make sure she got what she needed. She also said that when she was young she wanted to business women which she accomplished. She also said that she also wanted to own a lot of jewelry because she said it showed how much she wanted she accomplished in her life.
    3. When I asked this question I kind of knew what she wanted to say. She said that in order to achieve my goals I need to be more nice to people. She said that I need to respect my teachers and peers. She said I need to show good attitude.
    This assignment was really fun because it made me look at my mother in a completely different way. Before I thought she was just nagging me so she wouldn't be embarrassed about her daughter dropping out of high school but now I know that she was just helping me be a better person.
    Nawang lodoe, 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Well after my parents got married their goals changed in order to reflect upon their kids; their goals include for their kids (me and brother) to get a good education and strive for success and never give up. Most importantly bring a high school and college diploma home. After that just be a good person and always do good never come across the law. Oh by the way give back to the less fortunate.

    2. Well my mother's and my grandfather's goal was for her to become a great doctor, but because of an overprotective mother (my grandmother) she could accompish such goals. other then that just being a good person and being her self always; which she has done and hope she continues to do so.

    3. As mentioned above my parents advice and goals is for me to get a good education and get a good and stable career(Its fallowing a family tradition), but at the end of the day what matters is your character and how you present yor self to others; never give up.

    Julio Mejia, Pd 2

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. "my goals in my life right now is to be successful, very happy, and most importantly healthy as well;so i can be able to take care of my loving family."

    2. "wow, as a teenager i had wanted to be a singer & actress so i decided to go to laguardia High-school to sing!"

    3. " Jahmel you must go to school even for basketball, must have a smart head on your shoulders. Also be assertive and a leader not a follower; dont be afraid of change Jahmel and you must be adapt to any situation throughout your life. SO GO CHASE YOUR DREAMS".

    Jahmel Martin period 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. I interviewed my mother. Her goal in life are, traveling to different countries, being successful, owning her own business and maintaing a happy, loving family.

    When my mom was a teenager, she was known to be a queit apprieciative person, she never really asked for much. Her only goal was to traveling around the whole world.And maintain her grades in school, which she DID.

    My mom suggested for me to always have a positive view, to be honest, become successful and go for what i want! To follow my dreams. My mom is very supportive and she understands! My mom always reminds me to keep my head up.
    Devonnye Figaro

    ReplyDelete
  13. My moms goal is that she wants to make sure that we all go to college and to be alive to see us all go to college. But one goal she had when she was little was to finish school but that got ruined once she gave birth to us got shattered. So now she feels that it is her number 1 priority to make sure that we all go to school and become successful. On top of that she wants us to take care of her when shes old. Most of all she said that inorder for me to make it in life and become successful i need to do good in school and gain good grades in all my classes because education is the key to success and you cant go far without it.

    ama adutwiwaa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I asked my mother these questions and her replies were:

    My mother's goal in life is to see and experience at least one other culture than what she's already experienced, and to retire with security and satisfaction.

    As a teenager, she wanted to wanted to study hard enough to become a dentist and she desired to live in a comfortable setting for the remainder of her life.

    My mother advised me to study hard and to make sure I always have a strong passion for whatever it is that I'll do in life, because the ultimate goal I should go after is true happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I asked my mom and this is what she said:

    1. Right now her goals are to be happy and someday go back to living in mexico after ma and my sisters grow up of course. She wants me and my sisters know that we can always count on her to help us out no matter what the situation is. But overall she wants her four kids to grow up being good people with a good head on their shoulders .
    2. When she was younger she wanted to work as an airport attendant and have a family
    3. The advice she gave me was to always try to achieve my goals no matter what other people say or think about them. At the same time she said that i should always try to achieve them at a reasonable pace so that i actually see myself accomplishing them and I don't get confused.

    ~stephanie C. period 2~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I asked my Dad:

    1. He told me that his goal in life right now is to get us a big house for all of us to live comfortable.

    2. As a teenager he wanted to have a job that pays him good and to also be able to have time for his family.

    3. his advice to me is to first follow my dreams no matter what it is, it is possible if you work hard enough and stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh i forgot

    Daisy Chabla, 2nd period.

    ReplyDelete
  18. *The fastest way to succeed is to look as if your're playing by other people's rules,while queitly playing by your own* [Micheal Korda]

    On the train i was thinking to myself on why this quote will always stick in my head for years to come. I believe that it is totally true ! because you cant be successful without help, when you are being told how to do this & looking at other people actions on become successful too then you make your one playbook; you take everyone's ideas and beliefs then BAMM you are on track to becoming the best you can be. I do this all the time so i do owe alot to all of the young adults that taught me to be me. Its not cheating to do what Micheal Korda says too but its taking the short road with the same knowledge as the next guy...{think about it clearfully?}...well thats me but what do you guys think?{CARMEN!}
    Jahmel Martin pd.2 =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
    Muhammad Ali

    "The man who has no imagination has no wings."
    Muhammad Ali

    "What keeps me going is goals."
    Muhammad Ali

    "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
    Muhammad Ali

    I was going into deep thought over the weekend about what i really want to do in life. When i heard these quotes, i began to analyze and truly put into practice what Ali is saying here. i believe that we shouldn't wait until we got older to start dreaming or planning our goals out. i feel like age is just a number and we shouldn't be limited because of the amount of time that we have on this earth. I feel like our lives are useless if we dont do anything to improve or just impact the lives of others. Well thats how i feel and i will soon blog on how i applied it to my life. How do my classmates feel?

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I asked my mom the question she replied in simple answers "/
    1_ She wantes to buy a big house with a pool in the backyard when the big check arrives.

    2_To be a doctor

    3_She told me "Study hard, Finish school, go to college. Dont do it for anybody but yourself"

    Ashley Pena Pd. 2

    ReplyDelete